April 8, 2012

all systems go

my brother recently asked me how life was going and i flippantly responded that i was happily basking in the status quo. it was an offhand remark meant to convey that things were fine, nothing to report. which is true, however it also means that i am almost perfectly content with my life right now. i don't wanna change a damn thing! neato.

unfortunately, then i started to over-analyze my state of happiness.

why do i spend so much time at home? why don't i do anything besides watch tv, do arts and crafts and read? am i ever gonna get a real job? settle down? be a proper adult?

and then i think, eh, fuck that. i have a great job that i enjoy doing, a roof over my head, no debt and live with a wonderful man, who loves and supports me. i kinda have it made.

so who cares if i'm a little bit lazy and not likely to change the world through science or ingenuity? if the status quo makes me happy, then bring on the boring.



No comments:

Post a Comment